Back in stock!
Ignitron ECU is a plug and play standalone engine management system for the VW/AUDI/SEAT/SKODA 1.8 20V Turbo engines running BOSCH Motronic ME 7.5 ECU (also fits other platforms up to six cylinders, like VW/AUDI 2.5/2.7/2.8/3.2L after slight modification of the loom).
To whom do we recommend?
This is for the hardcore user, not for the faint-hearted! Ignitron ECU is recommended to be used on heavily modified engines with projected power levels well above or multiples of the original setup! The ECU lets you to run your engine based on true speed density method or with a mass airflow sensor if you like. It can be reconfigured within seconds (next to the track), logs selected variables into its own data logging memory and gives you flexibility which will never be available on a stock ECU.
Who should *NOT* buy Ignitron ECU?
If you got worried by a harmful fault code in your chipped vehicle previously, then this is definitely not for you! It may reveal additional problems with your engine (f.eg sensors on the way out, scratchy throttle pots, ...) which weren't obvious with the stock ECU. This is not the stock ECU, so do not expect your car to act and work just exactly like it! Setting up Ignitron ECU requires knowledge about engine management basics, so if you are not up for the task, consult with a professional tuner first! The usage of this ECU is solely your own risk! We do not take any responsibilities for any damage caused by/during using Ignitron ECU! Ignitron ECU may not be used on public roads in your country! For competition and motorsport use only! If you cannot accept these things, please DO NOT BUY Ignitron ECU!
Why Ignitron ECU then?
Ignitron ECU has been developed and tested on the later VW/AUDI/SEAT/SKODA 1.8 20V Turbo engines, focusing on all the distinctivenesses of these engines (natively supporting electronic throttle body, mass airflow sensor, MAP sensor in cooler piping, etc.). This is not an allround ECU with a PnP harness or adapter for the 1.8Ts, but a specialized engine management system for these cars: Ignitron ECU also communicates with the factory ABS/ESP module, instrument cluster (and haldex controller if exists) via CAN. If the stock engine arrangement (with a restrictive MAF sensor) does not suit your needs, this ECU lets you to run the engine on MAP sensor in the intake manifold (speed density) without the troublesome MAF sensor. Also you will be able to ditch all the unwanted solenoids, actuators, cans, bins, hair dryers and clean up your engine bay if you wish.
Troubleshooting with Ignitron ECU is easy as it can be, because you can log all sensors and variables simultaneously with the host software (this means several hundreds of variables at once) with sampling rate up to 33Hz. The ECU also has self learning capabilities: fuel injection adaptation to the lambda sensor readings or ignition adaptation according to previously recorded knocking. If something goes wrong, limp mode can be activated and the reason can be determined by the help of the fault code memory and/or the automatic data logger which can record 32 selectable variables into the ECU's own log memory up to several hours.
Since Ignitron ECU can be used up to six cylinders, it may be a good alternative for turbocharged VR6 24V engines (with a signle turbo), too.
Click here to view the complete users manual on-line!
Click here to view our product warranty information!
LIST OF FEATURES
- 1 Inductive sensor analog input (crankshaft position sensor)
- 2 Hall digital inputs (camshaft position sensors)
- 8 analog voltage inputs (air flow, manifold absolute pressure, exhaust gas temperature, throtthe position, throtle pedal, user sensors, ...)
- 3 analog resistance inputs (intake air temperature, engine coolant temperature, oil temperature, ...)
- 9 digital inputs 4 of them with frequency counter and pulse width detection (clutch switch, brake switch, AC compressor, speed signal, ...)
- 2 piezoelectric knock sensor inputs
- 1 wideband lambda sensor
- Up to 8 high impedance injectors (dual stage injection up to 4 cylinders)
- Automatic pulse width calculation based on volumetric efficiency (20x20), IAT, MAP, target lambda (12x8), injector size and latency
- Min. 0.004 ms resolution for 4 cylinders, min. 0.005 ms for 6 cylinders
- Simultaneous calculations for two different fuels and blending them real time in any ratio (flexible fuel support)
- Timing of injection start, center or endpoint
- Actual volumetric efficiency is determined by "Alpha-N/Speed Density" method or by the signal of Mass Air Flow sensor or any combinations (in any ratio) of these
- Volumetric efficiency adaptation (self learning) according to the measured air flow
- Corrections (12x8) for transient load, intake air temperature, engine coolant temperature, exhaust gas temperature, manifold absolute pressure (16x16), fuel temperature, fuel rail pressure, cylinder selective corection
- Correction and adaptation to actual lambda value (short term and long term fuel trims)
- Dead time compensation depending on battery voltage
- Deceleration fuel cut off
- Up to 6 Coil On Plug (logic level) channels, supporting wasted spark configurations
- Dwell with battery voltage and engine load compensation
- Ignition advance tables (20x20) for two different fuels and blending them real time in any ratio (flexible fuel support)
- 0.1 degree resolution, min. 0.24 degree accuracy at 10000 RPM with 4 cylinders
- Corrections (12x8) for transient load, intake air temperature, engine coolant temperature, exhaust gas temperature, actual lambda, camshafts position, gear number, cylinder selective correction
- Cylinder selective knock retard
- Long term adaptation of knock retard
- Open loop or closed loop control (PID controller)
- Regulation of ignition advance, injection amount and throttle position (idle air)
- Long term throttle position (idle air) adaptation
- Anti stall throttle
- Up to 4 real time switchable boost maps (12x8) for two different fuels (flexible fuel support)
- Open loop or closed loop control (PID controller with programmable integrator limits)
- Requested boost limits depending on intake air temperature, engine coolant temperature, exhaust gas temperature, vehicle speed signal
- Gear selective boost control
- Turbo bypass solenoid ("N249") support
- Fuel tank ventilation (EVAP)
- Secondary air injection
- Continued coolant circulation pump drive
- Coolant fan control
- Electronic thermostat control
- EGAS (electronic throttle)
- A/C disable on high load
- Gear detection
- Gear selective revolution limiting by ignition cut or retard, fuel cut, throttle closing
- Launch control (even throttle position movements can be preprogrammed)
- Anti Lag System
- Traction Control
- Internal log memory (8Mb or 16Mb)
- Fault code memory
- CAN bus support
- VW/Audi CAN protocol emulation (up to V4.1.3)
- OBD-II compatible (ISO 15765-4 CAN 11/500kbit)
Ignitron ECU comes with a host software running on the Windows platform. The ECU is connected to the PC/notebook or tablet via USB. Its user interface is simple, but effective. Do not expect any fancy eye catching graphics as in our understanding performance is more important than the looks! The host will run happily on a slow and old machine with Windows XP, even on the cheapest Windows tablet you can find (and can carry with yourself or permanently mount in your car)!
This application (which is of course a free download) can be used to set up the ECU and diagnose the engine. Loading a completely new settings file up into the ECU takes about 20 seconds, but if you change just a few parameters or maps, then the refresh takes a fraction of a second only. Hundreds of available variables and parameters can be recorded simultaneously during data logging. Forthcoming free ECU firmware upgrades are also vailable from within the host application.
Go to the downloads section to get the demo version.
The host software of Ignitron ECU requires a personal computer (notebook or tablet) with Windows XP or Windows 7 operating system. On XP it is happy with at least 512Mb memory and 1Ghz CPU, on Windows 7 (and above) it works best with at least 1Gb of memory and 2Ghz+ CPU. Windows 8.x and Windows 10 are also supported, though additional fine tuning is needed for these platforms (which is on progress), for the time being we recommend Windows 7. Minimum screen resolution is 1024x600 pixels.